Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I'm up for the challenge, Mike! :-)

I already knew that Mike Arrington is very sceptical about AJAX desktops like Pageflakes.

Today I learned that he is similarly sceptical about online calendars like CalendarHub:

Ajax calendars are faily commonplace now (they are kissing cousins to Ajax home pages as far as I’m concerned) and seem to be breeding just as prolifically.

So, one of the most influential persons from the Web 2.0 world basically says that the two startups I'm involved with are doomed.

What should I say? Maybe just this: I'm up for the challenge, Mike! :-)

P.S.: I know that Mike wishes every startup success, so I know that while he fears we may fail he doesn't hope so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)

I love both. I want both to succeed. And both are very, very good examples in the space.

Mike, TechCrunch

Christoph Janz said...

That was quick. Thank you very much for the comment and the kind words. You are fair. And you rock. I think we have to work together some time in the future, on something, in one way or another.

Anonymous said...

and why then does google their C2 ?